Consignment is a great alternative to estate sales or selling items on your own.
First, the consignor emails pictures of the items they’d like to consign to NewLeafHF@gmail.com. Please note an off-site consignment consultation may be scheduled for a fee. In-store consultations are always free! Please call 815-675-9700 to discuss. We like to stay organized so we kindly ask consignors to schedule an appointment to bring in items.
New Leaf Home Furnishings selects and prices items to be placed in showroom for 90 days. Items are priced and displayed to sell quickly for maximum profit.
The consignor receives 50% of sales price. If items do not sell, they are reduced 25% at 45 days.
Consignor checks are mailed the second week of every month.
BENEFITS FOR CONSIGNORS
- Saves you time; no need for garage sales or posting online for sale
- It’s easy; we put the time and efforts into selling your items and you receive a check
- It’s secure; no strangers at your home
- Ensures highest price for your item using our 45 day discount system
- We advertise in multiple avenues
- It’s green to recycle furniture
BENEFITS FOR BUYERS
- You can find unique pieces that you won’t find at a typical retail store
- Inventory changes daily
- Amazing deals
- Benefits community; locals are making money from furniture that you are buying
- It’s green to reuse furniture
- We offer affordable new furniture if what you are looking for has not been consigned
WHAT ITEMS ARE ACCEPTED ON CONSIGNMENT?
- Sofas, Chairs, Ottomans
- Coffee Tables, End Tables, Sofa Tables
- Dining Tables, Chairs, Benches, Hutches, Buffets, Bar stools, Wine Racks
- Beds, Nightstands, Dressers
- Desks, Bookshelves, Office Chairs
- Floor and Table Lamps
- Accessories such as Benches, Clocks, Art, Mirrors, Vases, Candle Holders, etc
WHAT ITEMS ARE NOT ACCEPTED ON CONSIGNMENT?
- Used Linens
- Sporting Goods
- Garage Tools
- Musical Instruments
- Used Dishes / China
- Animal Accessories (such as fishtanks).
- Items from an indoor-smoking home or covered in pet hair.
CONSIGNOR REWARDS PROGRAM
When an item sells, the dollar value goes into your consignor account as a credit. Receive a special discount when your in-store credit is applied toward your purchase. We’ll discount your purchase 10% of the credit amount used.
Use $100 of your credit, receive $10 off your purchase.
No expiration date.
Keep a credit at New Leaf Home Furnishings so your consignment is worth even more!
Let us know if you’d like to treat yourself by taking part in the consignor rewards program.